A healthy immune system is rooted in free-flowing Qi, but what exactly is Qi? In Chinese culture, Qi (pronounced chē) is basically natural energy, “life force” or “flow.” This could be considered breath or air, but it is also linked to blood circulation, movement and overall health.
In traditional Chinese theory, good health requires Qi to move unimpeded through what are called meridian systems - or pathways - within the body. The disruption, blockage or weakening of Qi is believed to affect one’s immune system. If Qi is weak, which can result from stress, it can stagnate. This can produce toxic heat (inflammation), which is considered unhealthy.
At Balance Blends, we have long studied Chinese Medicine, as well as modern alternative solutions to common health concerns that involve the immune system and the energy that we can feel and physically use. All that knowledge has been carefully considered in the creation of our Force Field formula, which combines the best of both Eastern and Western remedies to tonify, nourish and replenish deficient Qi, so that it flows freely throughout the body.
Force Field contains the legendary Yu Ping Feng Tan (Jade Screen) to provide a wall (or “screen”) of defense for the immune system. Jade was once used to ward off evil spirits in China, but this formula doesn’t actually contain Jade in these capsules. "Jade Screen" is actually a combination of Huang Qi (Astragalus), a longevity herb that has anti-bacterial properties and is popular for fighting fatigue, and Fang Feng (Ledebouriella or Siler Root), which is used to guard against pathogenic “wind” — the traditional carrier of illness. We also added adaptogenic herbs such as Eleuthero, Cordyceps and longevity herb Reishi (Ganoderma), and the Western household favorite Vitamin C, to further support the immune system.
Other Ways You Can Boost Your Immunity - Naturally
While discovering powerful herbs that can boost your immune system, there are also other solutions to bring you more energy and a healthy life.
- Eat More Vegetables and Nuts: Want some heathy antioxidants in your life? Being sure to bring in more leafy vegetables and nuts will certainly do the trick. Additionally, you can also replace your sugary snacks with seeds, legumes and fruits. Your immune system will thank you.
- Don't Skip on Enough sleep: A recent study shows that people who only sleep for six hours or less are way more likely to get sick much more often than those people who set aside at least eight hours of sleep. In fact, some professionals believe that even though 10 hours of sleep was once considered "too much," that it can also be a healthier alternative to six. Some think that they can sleep less for a couple of days and then "catch up" over the weekend. But, it doesn't exactly work that way. Running on little-to-no sleep can wreak real havoc on both the body and mind, which can take much more than a lazy Saturday afternoon to recoup from entirely.
- Avoid Sugar Whenever Possible: There are a lot of reasons that a person should avoid those sugary snacks and drinks that they crave. However, one of the most important is so that the inflammation in your body can decrease. Treat yourself occasionally, but try to remove sugar as much as possible from your regular diet.
- Stay Hydrated: Many athletes and regular, everyday people operate under the assumption that energy drinks and sports juices are just the same as drinking water. Unfortunately, the sugar in these drinks can actually dehydrate you even more. However, you should stick to drinking plenty of water. If you don't like the plain taste, then just be sure to add a slice of lemon, or maybe even lime, depending on your preferences. Cucumber water is ideal - especially since cucumbers also help beat hydration.
- Watch Your Stress Levels - Did you know that stress can also lower your immunity? That's right! Our minds are connected way more closely to our physical bodies than you could possibly imagine. If you're stressed out, or experiencing anxiety and depression, you can actually become physically ill. If you're worried about your stress levels, you may also want to check out Just Breathe capsules from Balance Blends. Additionally, if you're stress is becoming too much for you to cope with on your own, be sure to speak with a mental health professional. Since this can affect so many areas of your life, it's important to be sure that you're doing everything that you can to avoid stressful situations - and people - whenever possible.